Sunday, October 29, 2017

Postcard Pendants With Resin


In the Autumn, I go antiquing most weekends.  
I live in an area where there are fabulous antique barns and stores within a 30 minute drive.  


A few weeks ago I picked up this postcard because the flowers looked a little bit like 
edelweiss and it has some good gold foiling.  
So, in my studio I gathered some bezels and started cutting up the card.


One of the fastest ways to cut your images to fit into bezels is by pressing paper into the opening to get a template.


By using a template I can see much quicker what I want to cut out.
I cut four circles from the postcard and glued and sealed them into my bezels.


One pour of Ice Resin later, my bezels already looked amazing.


Unique.
One of a Kind.
Ready to wear!



This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata.
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

1 comment:

Resin Obsession Katherine said...

I LOVE the tip about using paper to get a template for the bezel. Ingenious!