Sunday, October 15, 2017

Laughing Buddha!



I made my own laughing buddha pendant after seeing one in jade at a local antique store.
The antique jade was over $600.
This one cost only a few dollars and will make me much happier.


In the same booth that had the very expensive jade I also found these ornaments.  
All six we $10 and they are solid.  I molded two for this project.


Once my molds were set I poured in my colored resin.  
These are deep molds so I let the resin cure for three days.
I did have some bubbles but I am certain the next time 
I use the molds there will be fewer if I let my resin rest 
for 15 or 20 minutes before I pour it in the mold.


With my molds a success, I found a pendant I could use to hold my resin piece.
In order to make sure it sat snugly in this setting I made some resin clay.


The clay is better than glue because I can press my object into it.


I also took a moment to colour the clay with some pigment.


I am so happy with this pendant!


I feel like all the buddhas are happy with this project.




This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata.
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

No comments: