Saturday, September 2, 2017

Resin Puppies


For this post I created two resin puppies at the same time with different layers.


My orange puppy was created by filling one mold with resin and glass beads.
The second mold I only added a few orange glass beads too.


The orange only molds were filled to the brim and allowed to cure as is.


When I demolded the orange puppy I applied a thin layer of resin to the surface so I could glue my crystals in place.  The cure time for resin as a glue is longer...but the crystals are very secure now.


The second pup is marbled.
It features a layer of orange glass beads and some Ice Resin green mica flakes embedded in resin.

This first layer of resin cured leaving just a little more space in the mold.


I then poured in a little extra blue tinted resin.


Demolded, this puppy looks marbled and the green mica flakes shimmer.
I just need to do a little sanding to the edges.



This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata.
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

1 comment:

Resin Obsession Katherine said...

These are beautiful Carmi. (even if they aren't cats -- LOL)