Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Vintage Wallpaper In Resin!


This is a short post explaining why I think wallpaper is wearable!


I have the opportunity to travel and when I do I usually head to the nearest antique market for treasure hunting.  You just never know what you will find.

These french wallpaper samples are a favorite.

Vintage wallpaper looks like it was hand-painted.

I cut small sections from the collection to use in these bezels. I love the triangle shape.
Susan Lenart Kazmer designed these and they are the last in my stash.

The wallpaper is very thick.  I made sure to seal it with gel medium (you can use mod podge) several times.  It is pretty humid in my area of the world, so I also let the glue dry for 24 hours before mixing my batch of resin.


One pour of Ice Resin turned my bezels into beautiful pendants.
This is one of the few times I did not add any inclusions.  
When the paper design is this beautiful it needs no additional adornment.


This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. 
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

1 comment:

Resin Obsession Katherine said...

Never would have thought about using wallpaper! I should have done this when I remodeled my bathroom earlier this year. The big flowers would have been perfect in pendants!