Saturday, July 8, 2017

Resin and Cats Card Collection

I have never made such a bright and cheerful 
set of cat themed cards!


My cards began with one inch bezels that needed some paper imagery.


This is a British dogs and cats card making kit by Hunkydory.
(Purchased 4+ years ago)

I finally had an opportunity to open the kit and punch out some of the cats and words.
These I ran through my Xyron and adhered to the bezels.

The step you do not see is that after I glued my papers into the bezels I sealed with Mod Podge the papers 3 times.  I have several sealing demonstrations on this blog.

When the paper was properly sealed I also glued in some rhinestone chains and added glitter glue edges.


During summer humidity you might need to let every dry properly for 24+ hours.


When my bezels were completely dry I set up my resin pour.


I used Resin Obsession Super Clear for this project.



While my resin cured, I made my choices from the kit for the card bodies.


I had quite a few options, but I think these cat paw cards are so pretty.

I sewed my bezels to the card so the recipient can recycle them into their own projects.

Cards, resin and cats.  
A great combination.



This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. 
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

1 comment:

Resin Obsession Katherine said...

All you need is some cat hair. LOL!!