Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Ceramic Bezels with a USArtQuest Prills Frame!


Work has kept me away from my resin table.


I am so happy to have completed a unique new project to share with you.


These ceramic pieces have a frame made out of a new product!


My project began when I received this super collection from USArtQuest.
I have been using their products for over a decade.


What caught my attention was a new collection they named Prills.
"Prills are natural, non-toxic hole-less beads. Use Prills for all arts and crafts, Hot Melt Craft, Mosaic Work, Jewelry Making, Resin Accents and textural additions for all type so paint and pastes.  Adhere Prills with any clear drying adhesive or tape.  They provide interesting effects and inclusions for paper arts, as holiday and all occasion embellishments, and for accents in snow, and for vintage-look projects."


I have been trying to figure out what to do with these odd, shallow ceramic frames for a few weeks.
I picked them up at an antique market and knew I would pour resin into them.  But I wanted to do more.  I decided to pull out some paper and tissue imagery and glued them into the shallow opening.


One of my bezels I just added a dried leave to.
Then I matched my imagery with Prills from the Rock and Roll collection.


A line of glue around the edge was what I started with.


Then I dumped in a whole pile of Prills.


Happily, they only clung to the glue and created these unique new frame edges.
The excess Prills I just dumped back into the tray.
I took a little time with a toothpick to move around any beads that might have stuck to a spot I didn't want them to.


I am working in a plastic tray that has a closable mouth.  I can pour all the excess beads back into the jar quickly.  I have had the tray for years, so I can not recall who I purchased it from.


When my Prills frames were dry I was ready to pour in the resin.
Before I did however, I decided to add a tiny blue pearl necklace to my Madonna
by picking up individual blue Prills and gluing them in place.
I used Resin Obsession Super Clear Resin to fill my bezels and to create my glassy finish.


My resin cured beautifully and because it seeped into the Prills frame they are now permanently adhered into place.


USArtQuest
All USArtQuest products.

This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. 
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

No comments: